Saturday, July 14, 2007

Droning

From time to time I'm probably going to drone on and on about my former employment situation, and until I sign the paperwork for the tiny separation agreement I'm not done with my former employer.

The problem is, there is just so much to write about. Admittedly the details of the raw material are pretty dreary, but "hate," "racism," and just good-old-fashioned conflict never go out of style. There's a book in the this experience. I may not get it published, but I will get it written.

And turning to writing, I think I can be forgiven for not getting much accomplished this week. But I still have those three stories started. Also, I wrote a personal essay about work for my last class. It's in very good shape so I think I'm going to start shopping it around.

I haven't decided just how long I'm going to lounge on the largesse of the unemployment gravy train. However, I think I have decided that I do need to go for the full-time job and just not mention my plans for going on to a Ph.D. program.

But I've also made the decision that I no longer have to limit my considerations to just Chicago-area schools, and that makes things a little more interesting. I think I could move away from Chicago, and that's a big step for me.

No comments: