Wednesday, February 08, 2006

New Job -- Sort Of

Today I received two phone calls. The first was to inform me that they would be continuing construction on my little cafe and so we would be closed tomorrow. The second was offering me a temp-to-perm assignment in the HR department of a marketing firm that would pay quite a decent salary. They want me to start tomorrow.

What to do?

I took the assignment and covered my shifts at the restaurant for the next two weeks. If it works out, I'm in good shape. If it doesn't I still have my shifts at the restaurant.

There are two drawbacks:

1) The job is in HR. For more than two years I loathed the idea of going back into human resources. But, this sounds a little different. More administrative and less dealing with employee issues. I don't ever want to have to fire anyone again.

2) I don't know who the boss is, and my biggest fear is that I end up working for an ass. I'm too old to kow-tow to someone I can't stand and who is abusive.

So, I go in tomorrow and find out what this is all about. Worst case scenario is I loose two days of my life. A worthy investment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if my response went through but anyway GOOD LUCK! I hope the boss is alright. I can't wait to hear the details. Cathita xoxo