Friday, February 17, 2006

Droopy-Eyed Catching Up

Perhaps the reason I'm so emotional is because I'm exhausted. I finished nine straight days of work, which isn't necessarily that draining; but when you're used to a four-day schedule, it's a Herculean task.

A task, by the way, that I completed successfully. Every indication is that I'll be hired permanently at this company. I was homesick for my little cafe only until I received my first paycheck. Time to move on! The people I'm working for are adorable.

Today I was invited out to lunch with "the guys." I never feel more gay than when I'm with a bunch of hetero men. There were eight of us there, and because the business is sports orientated, that was predominantly the topic of conversation. And because it's a predominantly hetero company, I haven't come out to them. It's only been a week, and frankly I don't see the necessity. That doesn't mean I'm hiding being gay, or pretending to be something I'm not. Somehow, in a business setting, my sexuality hasn't come up. And, bless their hearts, if they haven't figured it out they certainly were fishing. At one point the topic of conversation suddenly changed to The Lindsay Lohan True Hollywood Story on E! And the guy to my left, possibly the least attractive man at the table, spoke to me once and then never looked in my direction again. Perhaps I'm paranoid or egocentric. Of course I was seated directly across from the most attractive man, and there was virtually no where else to look but at him. The more I looked at him the gayer I felt.

But, it looks like employment and income issues are over for a while at least, and now I can concentrate on my social life and school.

Speaking of school, I received and unexpected A- on my latest test. An A in the class isn't necessarily completely out of the question after all.

No comments: