Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blathering

Yes, I'm still around, but I'm typing this as I try to wolf down some food between work and class.

Work is good. Today the administrative girls tried to give me a ghetto name and were stunned when I told them I already had one. Sh'Qwan. I score extra points, apparently, for the apostrophe. I've found that if you're in with the secretaries, you're in.

But there's one who is clearly the queen bee, who was very good friends with my predecessor. She's giving me administrative work, and I have no choice but to smile and take it. She's the president's secretary and probably worth her weight in uranium because she speaks both English and Japanese fluently. She's tall, thin, young and gorgeous. How many more reasons does one need to hate?

Academic life is suffering. I'm going into class tonight and I haven't cracked open the book. I'm totally and completely ashamed. I haven't done that since high school. And the major paper I'm supposed to present in a month is still just incoherent fragments. My kitchen is a disaster.

But life is good. I skipped chorus the past two weeks, so I have to go back this weekend. I hate feeling over-booked. But in a good way.

Yes, life is good.

No comments: