Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Heinous

The people I work with would eat their young. I used to feel bad, like I wasn't doing a good job, but I don't anymore. Almost without exception the people I work with are self-absorbed, viscious, lying beasts with a veneer of charm.

Now, there are those who have said the same about me. The difference, I think, is that with my self absorbtion comes a dollup of self awareness. No matter how socially awkward I might be, I have never called someone stupid. I have never mimicked someone. I have never lied and called someone a liar.

I've been contacted about another job and the interview is on Friday. As much as I hate the idea of spending the next year being the new guy again, I'm not sure I want to spend it being called a stupid faggot anymore either.

No comments: