Sunday, June 24, 2007

Blockage

My goal is to have a selection of twenty short stories from which to put together a collection of twelve for possible publication. I planned to have ten by the end of June and the entire collection complete by Labor Day.

By flipping through my files, I have now have nine stories and the tenth is forming in my head. At this stage some are stronger than others, some are more polished but all of them are pretty good. Or at least so I think. I've been casually reading short fiction from different writers and I don't think mine compares all that unfavorably to some, and is actually as strong as some others.

I'm feeling good about what I've got so far. July first I'm setting it all aside to start work on my Ph.D. applications. All of this is stuff that I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and not think about the big picture or I'll start to freak.

No comments: