Saturday, February 17, 2007

She's Back!

I was thrilled to discover that Camille Paglia will be once again writing at Salon.com. I let my subsription lapse when she stopped. I love her straight-forward, self-glamorizing style. Every sentence is as simple as "I love me," and as complex as a quantum physics equation. I might agree with her about fifty percent of the time, but I'm always entertained and appreciative of someone who does not equivocate. And while you're checking out Salon again, you must read Heather Havrilesky. She sits on the other end of the spectrum using humorous, hyperbolic prose in a self-deprecating manner. I don't watch any of the television she reviews as I am an undiagnosed Law & Order addict, but I never miss her reviews.

With these two writers, I'd almost add them to my blogroll, but in truth I find Salon to be a little too self-reverential, so I cannot classify them as "must read." But I hold out hope with Havrilesky and the return of Paglia. Check them out and enjoy!

No comments: