Saturday, February 24, 2007

F*CK George Lopez

I just watched part of the George Lopez's comedy special on HBO and I will never watch that man again. I understand his anger at the dominant white culture and making fun of it as legitimate. I understand that I am not the target audience for all comics. I don't understand the first twenty minutes of a concert where every single punchline was "mas putos."

And while you're at it, f*ck Tim Hardaway. He can try and clean up his hateful statements from now until Tom Cruise and Clay Aiken come out of the closet; until he does some community service time with at-risk gay youth, and establishes a community program for those youth in Boise, Idaho, I'm not interested in his self-serving "apologies."

How interesting that two men who should understand something of oppression and hatred feel empowered to spread their hatred of another classification of people.

Things like this didn't used to bother me, but lately I find my tolerance is very low, and my tolerance for people who aren't outraged by such statements is even lower.

In this instance you are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Silence still = Death.

No comments: