Sunday, April 29, 2007

McCain - DOA

As I get older I'm less likely to dismiss a Republican candidate out of hand. That said, I've yet to find one that even comes close to being a serious consideration for my vote.

The closest I've come was John McCain in 2000. Then he put his tail between his legs and Bush's dick in his mouth and it was all over. (For the irony-impaired, I am not implying that McCain and Bush are lovers. What would the world be if Bush had ever had a blow job that was any good?)

Of late I've been bored by James Wolcott. His writing has become too baroque and self-congratulatory. Still, this post very succinctly details why McCain has lost my consideration.

On Bill Mahr last Friday, Dennis Kucinich demonstrated himself as being a strong consideration for my vote. He lacks that Henry V quality that I think will ultimately carry this election. Even Clinton comes across as someone more capable of taking the battlefield, and that's what we need in terms of the Middle East: Strength After Political/Diplomatic Options Have Failed. That said, whoever wins should seriously consider Kucinich for secretary of state.

Now, if we could only get Al Sharpton back in the race. And Gore? What would this world be with a Gore/Sharpton ticket?

No comments: