Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hodge Podge

This is going to be a hodge podge of information...

Well, I have officially stepped into the twenty-first century and have gotten "hig-speed" internet instead of my tried and true AOL dial up. The wonders never cease.

Work still continues to be interesting. It looks like the company is going to settle in at about fifty employees -- too few for a real HR person. I'm hoping the job holds out until I graduate. Then if I can hang on for another year while I do the Ph.D. application things, I should be golden. The good news is that even though I've asked everyone who should know, they tell me there are no plans to lay me off. From a purely economic point of view, I don't get that decision, but I've been around long enough to know that I shouldn't rock a boat.

Having the flu last week really put me behind and now I'm scrambling with my final paper. One more paper.

We have five weeks before the chorus concert and I barely know which way to face on stage, let alone have any of the music memorized.

This is the time of year when I really have to resist the urge to chuck everything and go work at McDonald's. February 1 to April 1 is my danger zone.

All I want to do is write my novel.

No comments: