Monday, October 02, 2006

Stress and Good News

Tomorrow is the big presentation in which the CEO basically outlines his vision for the company. It's going to be a tough message and he's going to announce staff cuts -- with the actual cuts happening early next week. I'm not looking forward to the coming week. The CEO and CFO continue to be at war, and I met with the CFO to see if I could get him to come up with some sort of positive outlook. Nada.

The CFO has a minion that I've been working with. The Minion comes from a very prestigious school and is very smart. But not as smart as he thinks he is. He thinks he's playing everyone off each other and that none of them have a clue. I do, and I'm doing everything I can to keep my distance. He's toxic. The project we were working on together is ending and I couldn't be more glad. I can barely look at him, I dislike him so much.

On the plus side, I got my statement from my mortgage company, and starting next month my mortgage payment is going down nearly $100 a month!

Now off to read French philosophy...

No comments: