Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Safari



My safari extended to the end of the block this morning as it has been raining nonstop since Friday night.

There are so many things I need to be more disciplined about, and practicing my pictures is one of them.

The above is a plaster sculpture that was salvaged from a neighborhood bar. The bar dated back to the 1920's and all of the Art Deco decorations were relocated next door when the cafe opened up. In the background they play music from the era and the coffee shop is really an oasis in the neighborhood. For me it is my home away from home and although I don't drink coffee, I do manage to keep the Diet Coke flowing. Yesterday I spent the entire day there, on my laptop, studying the work of some of my favorite photographers. While I was unemployed, I spent huge chunks of time most days there writing my short stories.

Which, brings me back to the discipline. I need one short story to finish the collection and I have drafts of three unfinished stories, but I just can't seem to find the time to get to it.

Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

No comments: