Friday, December 14, 2007

Voting

I live in Illinois. There is virtually no chance that Barak Obama will not carry the state in the primaries. In the event that hell freezes over and there is a strong challenger to him, Obama will get my vote.

However, if there is ever a chance to make a statement during a primary for another candidate, its when there is no real decision being made. I don't see a vote for a candidate who clearly is not going to win as a wasted vote. On the contrary: if in fact Obama does carry Illinois, I think a strong showing by any candidate other than Clinton is really a vote for a vice president.

So, with that in mind I've decided that if Obama is a virtual lock going into the primary, my vote is going to Edwards.

We need a statesman who is true to his personal code of ethics. We do not need another politician. Clinton is a politician and she should stay in the senate to assume the Kennedy mantle when he retires. An Obama/Edwards ticket, I think, represents a shift in leadership in this country. It's my generation's turn.

No comments: