Friday, November 02, 2007

Revived

There is nothing I like worse that being at the end of my rope. I need a plan of attack. I need a mission. I have to be working toward an end.

They won't make a decision on the job until next week. Apparently I am the only candidate they've seen, but they're still interested. They're just not ready to make the decision yet. In my experience that could mean anything, but I actually trust this recruiter to cut me loose if they weren't interested.

In the meantime, I've started my applications. More waiting since I sent several professors requests for letters of recommendation. It's Friday, and frankly none of them really work on Friday, so it may be next week before I hear. But transcripts have been ordered, test scores will be sent, applications are in process, and the writing sample doesn't seem as if it's going to take as much time as I thought.

So, even though I still feel like I'm pulling this sled all by myself, I'm feeling much better about it. I have a couple of other projects in mind once these applications are completed.

Things are good again.

No comments: