Monday, January 22, 2007

I May Be a Misanthrope

It's a quarter to ten. I've been at work all day, and reading for class all evening. I was expecting the package that UPS was supposed to have delivered on Thursday, and then again on Friday. It did not arrive today. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I will be initiating a full-on frontal attack against UPS. I hate them.

Why is it acceptable for businesses to conduct business so that it is convenient for them? Particularly high on my list of ineptitude is a cashier who makes a line of customers wait while she waits for a stack of singles to be delivered from the customer service desk. Or customer service people who tell you that if it appears on their computer screen it is a divine communication and cannot, under any circumstances, be erroneous.

Yes, it was a bad day at work.

No comments: