Saturday, June 10, 2006

A New Attitude

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm in the midst of spring hibernation. Saturday comes and it's all I can do to drag myself out of bed. I'm better on Sunday and then Monday rolls around again and I'm good to go. But Saturday is my day and I don't feel like sharing right now.

The chorus has gotten smaller for this Pride concert, but the music is great. Fewer distractions, although RP is still here -- unaware of my existence. I've said it before... he'd flirt with a cucumber. It means nothing. Still I get all floopy when he even looks in my general direction. The concert is in two weeks and then we have the entire summer off and apart.

School starts again in mid July, and I plan to have at least five short stories ready for a publishable collection. My fall class promises to be exhausting hell, so I'm not even going to pretend to write anything again until the holiday break. My goal is to have a collection ready for submissions by June of next year. Very doable. Once that's done, I'm going back and fixing my first novel and then finishing my second. I really need to get back into the discipline of the gym and writing.

Three years ago I was in a brilliant groove, getting up at 4:00 or earlier and getting some writing done before I hit the gym and then to work. Now the alarm goes off at 4:00 and I don't even remember turning it off. OK. Tomorrow is the first day of my productive routine. And for that to happen, I must to bed.

No comments: