Sunday, April 23, 2006

More Lucid Post

My last post is the best example of why one must never post to one's blog when exhausted. While still completely true, it's not my most elegant post. I'm sure my puppy-love crush will pass and I'll be feeling like my old self in no time.

Now, to concentrate on the very real things in my life that matter.

Work

It continues apace with changes galore. This week I'm hosting the "Bring Your Brat to Work Day." I'm doing everything I can think of to avoid providing free day care for a dozen snot-nosed, over-privileged tykes. The best I can think of is a craft exercise in the morning, shipping the kids off to lunch with the folks, then a movie and ice cream in the afternoon. I'm bone weary just thinking about it.

School

My fiction writing class is a little disappointing. There is an endless amount of reading, and then writing summaries of the reading, with only one actual story being composed for the class. I have four little responses to compose, and about a half dozen short stories to read by Tuesday. I also should probably see if I can get my story started.

I've looked over my class options for the summer and next fall, and I'm not particularly happy. I have to take a class from the head of the department, the sexist, pompous prig I vowed I'd never take a class from. I intend...no VOW to sit in the back of the class and keep my mouth shut.

The Chorus

Next week we start rehearsing for the next concert. It's a short prep period, and we're only doing half the concert, with the other half being taken over by a chorus from Indianapolis. I'm really going to miss the chorus when it breaks for the summer.

Now, my biggest concern is that RP will decide he needs to take a break from the chorus and I won't see him again until September. Ah, RP, RP!

No comments: