Friday, January 18, 2008

A Day of Writing

I have been feeling like a complete slacker. True, I am juggling interview schedules for some pretty amazing jobs. I'm pretty excited about a few of them. I've had an interview every day this week. Still, each one only seems to mire me a little more deeply in limbo and I really need to feel like something is moving forward.

So, each day I've devoted some serious time to my short-story collection. I had thought that I wanted to have twenty stories, but my stories are tending to be on the shorter side, and I really feel like I need two-hundred and fifty pages of material before I can say I have enough material to make a complete collection. I've been editing and rewriting some of the material I have. Several pieces are just worthless. As of today I have one hundred pages of material that I like. Forty of that I finished in the past three days. I really want to have this collection finished by the time I start a job.

Monday I go to update my information with the temp agency, so my endless string of empty days is coming to an end.

No comments: