Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pieces

I started my new class this week. It's being taught by a professor who has the reputation of being something of a pig. I've personally watched him sexually harass another professor. I really wanted to avoid one of his classes, but it's not been possible. After the first session I've decided that he may be a pig, but he can teach. I hate to say it, but this might be my favorite class of the program.

***
Work continues to be dramatic. There is a power struggle a-brewing, and it's really requiring people to take sides. I see only one option. If, in the very unlikely event, my side loses power I'm still likely to have a job. And even if I don't, I am making some pretty powerful contacts who will feel obliged to find me another job.

***
The chorus started rehearsal last week. This is the twenty-fifth season. I hate the first rehearsals because nothing really gets done and there is just a bunch of flitting around and peacocking. There is nothing more boring. I actually am starting to give some serious thought to giving the chorus up. But I'll probably stick with it. For now.

***
The house is almost completely excavated. Housekeeping has never been my strong suit, but this summer it got pretty bad. The kitchen floor needs scrubbing, and the bathroom is still a swamp, but the rest is presentable and I only have three loads of laundry pending. Now, I think I need to take a serious look at renovation. Kitchen or bathroom, one has got to be done within the next year. Bathroom is cheaper, but kitchen is in more need.

***
I really just need to win the lottery.

No comments: